Friday, April 11, 2014

I've Just Seen A Face

Why is the title a Beatles song?

Well, because that's the song stuck in my brain right now. (By the way, I refuse to say head anymore and instead say brain, because brain sounds more awesome)

Anyways, no romantic connection to the title. Instead, this blog covers mediocre inspiration.

It's a tricky subject, but it's a vibrant issue in my life, unfortunately. I have written of this before, in one or two sentences in the past, but it needs greater addressing.

There are days, especially Fridays, where I look over my bookmarks in my Google account, and it is mostly made up of various writing opportunities that I had planned to grasp in my hand and actually try publishing some of my writing, but as of yet, success has been little, and the battle within me and my consciousness rages.

Why don't I just write something and publish it, or enter into some contest already?!

I can honestly say I don't really know, and maybe never will know, It's an extremely internal struggle that I have inside of me when there is this opportunity that can give me so much, yet I just bookmark it and I don't go back to it until months later.

I think it's because I'm scared. But of what? Rejection? Actually accomplishing something?

It's a weird feeling man, and in the end I just don't end up writing anything at all and continue to spend the rest of my time looking at other writing opportunities to be published instead of actually doing the writing.

My brain has words in them! Why don't I show them to people, just to try to make something of my brain, or showcase it, or I don't even know. That's why I really love this blog. I don't have any fears at all writing in this blog, because most likely no one is going to read it, and the purpose of this blog is at its best mediocrity and randomness.

So back to the concept of mediocre inspiration. When I say that, I'm talking about the time I spend searching for opportunities for my freaking life and future, but doing nothing to carry out those opportunities.

Very few times have I actually fulfilled the feat of entering a writing contest, or publishing a piece of my writing, and that's probably less than 5 times in my life.

I don't know what it is, but slowly, I'm starting to change in that part of my conscious. I'm overpowering the weakness and hesitancy that before used to overpower me way too much, and I can do this people. Whatever this is, but something associated with creating stories or writing overall, because writings awesome people.

I will leave you all with this gem of a GIF.


So I guess this part relates to my title, and I just need people to take more notice and appreciatoin of this movie, Stuck In Love, and its director Josh Boone, and of Nat Wolff, who acts in it as Rusty Borgens. Awesome movie about writers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment